- School timings:
LKG & UKG
|Monday to Friday||9am – 2:50pm|
|Saturday & Sunday||Holiday|
|Morning Prayer||9.10am – 9:25am|
|Morning Meditation||9.30am – 9:40am|
|Lunch Hours||12.30pm – 1:10pm|
|Evening Meditation||4.00pm – 4:10pm|
|Office Hours||9.00am – 5.00pm|
I to XII
|Monday to Friday||9am – 4:10pm|
|1st or 3rd Saturday||9am – 4:10pm|
- Equitas Gurukul adopts the textbooks published by Tamil Nadu textbook and educational services corporation as per State syllabus for core subjects for class I-XII.
- School shall issue notebooks, workbooks and textbooks during the month of May, prior to start of the academic session.
- Kindergarten students are guided by the Gurukul Thematic Curriculum. Their books comprise of student activity books & workbooks term wise. School issues the books in the month of May.
Parents can procure Gurukul school uniform from any of the shops in their locality. School shall provide a list of shops within the local area (10-15 km radius), from where parents can buy the uniform materials.
Gurukul students shall follow the following norms:
- Come to school in clean, neatly pressed school uniform on all working days.
- Possess at least two sets of regular uniform and one set of sports uniform.
- Foot wear- Black school uniform shoes (Bata or Action )
- Boys should wear belts provided by school ONLY.
- Hair style:
- Boys: cropped hair neatly oiled and combed. Hair colour not permitted.
- Girls: For hair longer than shoulders, oil and comb into double plaits, Shoulder length hair to be combed into 2 pony tails. Black colour ribbons to be used for tying. No fringes on the forehead permitted.
- Jewellery: Gold ornaments not permitted. Girls can wear only small studs or tops for earrings. Hangings not allowed.
- Defaulters will be given three warnings by PET beyond which school shall initiate disciplinary action.
- Fee payment:
- Equitas Gurukul shall charge fee amounts as approved by the fee fixation committee, for private schools, Chennai and shall vary from school to school, based on infrastructure, co-scholastic programs, number of students & teachers and the economy of the location.
- Fees are applicable to all students, except for those admitted under RTE seats and for students who have been granted scholarship or sponsorship or merit awards.
- School shall connect annual fees for the entire academic year. Where parents are unable to pay annual fees, the same shall be paid term wise.
- For term I- June to September, fees shall be paid on or before 15th June.
- For term 2-October- January, fees shall be paid on or before 10th September
- For term 3- February to May, fees shall be paid on or before 10th January.
- Every year, the fee shall be increased by a range of 10% -12% from fee amounts of the respective classes of the previous academic year.
- Schools shall communicate about the revisions in the fee structure, payment mode & timeline during the 3rd term Parent teacher meeting in April.
- Notifications vide official circulars & SMS alerts will be sent to parents during the months of April, August & December for fee remittance timelines.
- Fee payment shall be received only in the form of DD, swipe machine- debit/credit card or on line payment through payment gateway in our website. There will be no cash transaction.
- Midterm tests and term end assessments are two formal exams.
- Attendance is mandatory on the days of exam.
- No re- tests will be conducted
- Absentees during exams must get approval of their leave from Principal ONLY
- Students will report to their exam hall before the bell rings.
- Strict action will be taken against students who are observed to do any malpractice –having unauthorised papers, copying from bench mates, using mobile , in the exam hall.
- Students are not allowed to borrow stationery from their bench mates during exam.
- School shall provide the answer papers to students for midterm & term end exams.
- Students shall not write anything on the question paper apart from their name, roll number and class.
- Library :
- School has a well-equipped library.
- Students can use it between 9.30 am and 00pm
- Only one book can be issued at a time
- Borrowers will have to pay a fine of Rs.2 per day if books are not returned on time.
- If a book from a series is lost or damaged, the borrower has to replace the whole series.
- Result & promotion
- A minimum of 75% attendance is mandatory to be promoted to next class.
- The qualifying percentage to be awarded a PASS is 35% in each subject.
- Promotion to higher class is purely based on the continuous and comprehensive academic performance of the student throughout the year.
- Results once declared is final. The school will not entertain any modifications.
- Open House:
- Results of midterm & term end exams will be shared during ‘Open House’ that will be conducted two weeks after the completion of assessments.
- Answer scripts will be shown to parents and students for I & II term exams only.
- Dates for open House will be announced vide circular through mobile sms and student diary.
- Application for transfer certificate (TC) should be submitted to the school Principal only, clearly stating the reason for the same along with the stipulated fee.
- A minimum of 2 weeks is required for processing the TC request.
- TC will be issued only if all fee dues are cleared.
- School will issues circulars as and when necessary to convey the important messages and notifications.
- SMS will be sent to parents through bulk SMS system for any urgent intimation.
- PTM’s are held regularly to share important information pertaining to both school and the progress of