Gurukul Holistic approach:
Our curriculum approach enables students to not only achieve grade level learning outcomes in core subjects but also develops them holistically by imbibing the following character & personality traits.
- Respect ones’ body by developing fitness and healthy eating & living habits.
- Be curious , creative and critical thinkers
- Develop collaborative & communicative skills
- Take ownership and responsibility for ones’ learning and improve performance by setting goals.
- Accept one self and understand that each one of us is unique in our own ways.
- Manage situations, peer pressure and relationships positively by making decisions aligned to principles.
- Be empathetic & compassionate towards fellow people.
- Respect nature and live in harmony with it.
- Admiration and respect for life and for the unknown source of life.
- Living and celebrating one’s life to the fullest in a more meaningful and responsible way.
These qualities are achieved through the four strands of learning namely
- Learning to be fit and healthy (Body)
- Learning to know and do (Mind)
- Learning to live together (Heart)
- Learning to be responsible & to contribute (Spirit)
The Gurukul Prathibha Sangamam- Inter Gurukul sports & talent Fiesta, Alumni Club- Career guidance & counselling , Vaatsalya – A program for progressive learners, Thalir Thiran Thittam- life skills program, and Karadi Path- Learning English the mother tongue way, are some of the programs that support the achievement of the above outcomes.